Thursday, December 2, 2010

I went to Paris

Last weekend I went to Paris for four days. It was great to greet big-city life once again. My friend Jacob, who is studying in London, met there on Thursday. We rented someone's apartment in The Bastille district. It was a nice little studio, and the owner Valerie was exceptionally nice. It ended up being perfect for our needs.

I ended up seeing Musee D'Orsay, the Pompidou Center, Sacre Coeur, The Eiffel Tower (I went to the top!), Notre Dame, the Luxembourg Gardens, and lots of magnificent buildings the significance of which I do not know. Pics are on Facebook.

Some of the highlights were an unanticipated art fair by The Bastille, the Eiffel Tower at night, hearing live music in Montmartre, seeing the Champs Elysee lit up at night with blue lights in the trees that lined the boulevard - and having a drink at a chic bar there, and cafe breaks (the simple joy of which should not be overlooked).

It would be really fantastic to live in Paris at some point, although I know that (like any big city) I couldn't do it forever. Also, Paris is incredibly expensive. Major bummer.

As for mountain town, it's been snowing like mad here which I would normally be upset about. Since I get to go skiing in the Alps this weekend, I am letting it slide. However, I am still upset that the weather conditions caused the cancellation of a Jamie Cullum concert I was supposed to see last night in Lyon. Over 5 hours in the car for nothing. Tant Pis!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, I LOVE the picture of you on your blog about Paris! I haven't been on FB for quite awhile but knowing there are pictures there that you took, I'll have to see them!

    This is a wonderful blog, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete